Do you dream of owning your own nail tech business or working for a reputable salon? If so, you’re going to need some nail tech qualifications to get started and boost your career.
When it comes to choosing nail technology courses, there are many options out there and it can seem like a challenge trying to pick the perfect one for you. Choosing a course that covers ALL of the techniques a nail tech uses is essential, as you don’t want to fall short on your skill set.
We’re going to explain why nail technology courses are important and how you can choose one that’ll give you the best chance at succeeding in the nail industry. We cover:
- Why Are Qualifications Important?
- Why Choose Posh Look?
- Our Level 3 Nail Technology Course
Why are Qualifications Important?
Completing a nail technology course will fill you with the confidence to go straight into the real world and start giving treatments. You’ll be equipped with the skills to perform various treatments such as acrylic, gel polish and pedicures, giving you more opportunities to earn money.
The nail industry is all about reputation. So knowing that you hold relevant qualifications will give your clients peace of mind that their nails are in safe hands! We’ve all heard our fair share of horror stories about nail salon disasters, so your clients will want to make sure that their nail tech is a pro.
Nail technology courses provide you with an official certificate which you can hang with pride to show everyone that you’re qualified. That way, people can instantly tell that you’re a cut above the rest.
Why Choose a Posh Look Course?
So, how do you choose a course? Well, at the risk of sounding biased we think you don’t need to look any further than Posh Look. We’re known for our nails, and our Level 3 Nail Technology Course is the perfect foundation for aspiring nail technicians.
At Posh Look, we pride ourselves on our status as a leading training academy. All of our assessors are experienced experts in their field, and hold qualifications in teaching and nail technology – we wouldn’t settle for any less so neither should you!
With a Posh Look course, you don’t just learn the skills of a nail tech. We guide you through every step of your journey so you gain a deep understanding of what it means to be a nail tech. We teach you everything from treatments to health and safety to client care, so you leave with a well rounded education.
If you want the best start to your career, there’s no better course out there than Posh Look’s Level 3 Nail Technology certification.
Our Level 3 Nail Technology Course
One of our most popular courses, our Level 3 Nail Technology certification is perfect for those with no experience – anyone can apply! Our online process makes it simple to enrol and get started in just three steps – enrol, train and get certified.
First step is enrollment. Start by answering our pre-qualification questions to ensure that you’re suitable for the course. If you pass, you’ll then be able to start your enrollment form which should take no longer than 20 minutes – it’s that easy! Please note, you’ll need some form of identification to hand to complete the form.
Once enrollment is complete, it’s time to apply for funding. The cost of the course is £3345 and runs over 22 weeks, with 21 hours of guided learning per week.
If you want to pay for the course in full, you can skip this step. If not, JTM (our training body) offers funding through Advanced Learner Loans which you pay back in installments after your course. Our enrollment officer will be on hand to help you with your loan application so there’s nothing to worry about!
Our Level 3 Nail Technology course is currently taught through our NEW Online Learning Platform. This gives you the opportunity to get certified from home and learn at your own pace with the help of our in-depth tutorials.
Every student gains access to:
- In-depth video tutorials demonstrating key techniques and treatments that a nail tech offers. Video tutorials are arranged into modules covering acrylic enhancements, gel polish, fibreglass and more. You can watch the videos as many times as you like and get to grips with each technique at your own pace.
- As well as videos, you’ll also have access to detailed guides which cover each module of the course. This will allow you to read up on your theory and understand the science and health and safety behind nail technology. You can refer to these guides as often as you like to assist you with your learning.
- An assigned tutor to help you through the course. Each week your class will have a video catch up over Zoom to discuss any questions and recap the week’s work.
This is a fast track course. Any work, assessments, practice and revision must be completed at home each week. Evidence of work must be submitted by the deadlines to a Level 3 standard in order to gain your qualification.
To help you with your training, we also provide starter kits throughout the course. However, students will also need to buy: 2x face cloths, 2x hand towels, 1x A4 folder, 1x pack of dividers, 1x pen, 1x bedroll or kitchen roll. Plus, a student acrylic brush and liquid (monomer) if you want to learn bead pickup.
The Level 3 Nail Technology course teaches you how to deliver different treatments a nail tech can offer to a professional standard. We cover:
- Manicure and Pedicure – learn how to give manicure and pedicure treatments from start to finish, including prep and final touches.
- Introduction to Fibreglass and Silk Enhancements – this popular new treatment is a great addition to your skill set. We give you an introduction to creating beautiful nails with silk and fibreglass wraps.
- Acrylic Enhancements on Tips (Dipping system) – this quick and popular method of applying acrylic extensions will help you win clients. We teach you how to create a smooth and professional finish.
- Gel Polish and Nail Art – a classic treatment in the nail world. Master the techniques of gel polish application and nail art so you can give your clients perfect manicures. Lamps are provided at training centres for assessments.
- E-File – electric files make it quicker and easier to get filing done before nail application. We teach you how to operate the equipment, change drill bits and what each drill bit is used for.
- Display and Promote Stock – up your presentation game and learn how to make a little extra money by promoting the products that you use during treatments.
- Health and Wellbeing – ensure the safety of you and your clients by learning how to prevent accidents and deal with them should they arise.
- Salon Manager – put your leadership skills to the test and learn the tricks of the trade when it comes to managing a salon.
Once you’ve completed all of your online modules it’s time to finish your final assessments. To do this, all students are required to travel to their enrolled training centre. Once you complete your assessments to a Level 3 standard, you’ll be awarded your certification.
Congrats! Now you can head out, put your new skills to use and start giving clients beautiful nails.